Conor McGregor disproves Floyd Mayweather’s claim that he earned over $ 100 million from performances

Conor McGregor disproves Floyd Mayweather’s claim that he earned over $ 100 million from exhibition bouts … saying the undefeated American is “full of shit” with another fight between the two expected next year.

  • Mayweather has a fight in Japan on Saturday, claiming to make $ 20 million
  • McGregor questioned that claim, saying he would have been on the Forbes list if he had earned as much as he claimed to have earned.
  • The two are discussing a potential rematch of their 2017 bout next year

In the wake of a potential 2023 rematch between Irishman Conor McGregor and American Floyd Mayweather, the war of words has already begun.

Mayweather said yesterday that a fight between the two is in the works for 2023 and could turn into a professional bout.

The two last met in 2017, with Mayweather securing a win in the tenth round by TKO.

Mayweather’s next fight is a performance this weekend in Japan against Mikuru Askaura – with the American claiming to earn between $ 15-20 million from the fight, according to DailyMail.com.

However, McGregor disproved the idea on Twitter, saying Mayweather was “full of shit”, before deleting the tweet from his profile.

“He also said he made $ 100 million for fighting Logan’s boyfriend, but he never made the top 100 on the Forbes list,” McGregor’s account tweeted.

‘He hasn’t liquidated 20 million in 1 full year since 2017. When we last fought. Otherwise it would have been on the list. It hasn’t been on the list since 2017. In other words, it’s full of shit

PPV sales of Mayweather's fight with Conor McGregor show UK interest in him

Mayweather clashed with the Irishman in a boxing match in 2017

McGregor disputed Mayweather's claim that he would make $ 20 million from this fight in a tweet

McGregor disputed Mayweather’s claim that he would make $ 20 million from this fight in a tweet

Speaking exclusively to Sports mailMayweather discussed his plans for the rest of the year and went into detail on facing McGregor again.

Mayweather said: ‘I want to go out there this weekend in Tokyo and have fun [against Mikuru Asakura]. Then I have another exhibition in Dubai in November and Conor McGregor and I in 2023.

‘We don’t know if it will be an exhibition or a real fight. But there was talk of both. I’d prefer an exhibition. ‘

When asked why he would prefer a show, Mayweather said, “I don’t like fights where I’ll take real punishment.

Mayweather dominated McGregor and scored a 10th round TKO win against UFC star

Mayweather dominated McGregor and scored a 10th round TKO win against UFC star

“So, guys like Conor McGregor and guys who don’t really hit hard like YouTubers or UFC guys, I really don’t mind bumping into those kinds of people but nothing where I’m going to put myself in a position I’m in will get hurt or hurt. bad.’

It also remains open to a meeting in the UK, telling Sports mail, ‘We do not know [where the rest of my bouts will take place] but of course, if the price is right then I’m on my way [to the UK].

Mayweather’s clash with Notorious proved to be his last professional fight, taking his record to 50 wins and zero losses or draws.

Mayweather – who insists he wouldn’t change anything in his career – has reportedly earned around $ 280 million from the successful bout.

Meanwhile, McGregor took home $ 130 million from what was his first and only boxing match.

Since then, McGregor has suffered three defeats in his last four UFC fights. He also took some time away from the Octagon after breaking his leg against Dustin Poirier.

McGregor hasn't fought since breaking his leg (above) during his defeat to Dustin Poirier

McGregor hasn’t fought since breaking his leg (above) during his defeat to Dustin Poirier

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.